Meridian Dental Associates’ COVID-19 Plan of Action
The world around us has been in a constant state of change since the arrival of the coronavirus. While it can be easy to become overwhelmed with the state of things at the moment, the best thing we can do for ourselves is to maintain as much normalcy as we can and continue to care for ourselves and our health. A large part of that is ensuring that you are still maintaining your oral health; for many, having to miss crucial dental appointments can be extremely detrimental. Meridian Dental Associates is happy to still be providing care and treatment for patients who need it; we have developed a plan of action for safely treating our patients. Continue reading for more information about how we are handling the COVID-19 pandemic.
What We Know About COVID-19
As it is a newly-discovered illness, not much is known for sure about the coronavirus, but more is discovered each day. It is a virus, known officially and clinically as COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019). It is spread through close contact with infected individuals; in most cases, it spreads through breathing, talking, coughing, and sneezing. The virus has proven to be extremely contagious, and “social distancing” guidelines have been put into place in order to help people limit their exposure to one another.
Our action plan for the coronavirus has been influenced by some valuable information that John Hopkins University has recently released about the virus:
- COVID-19 is not a living organism but rather a protein molecule that is protected by a thin lipid (fat) layer. This layer can be dissolved by the use of soap and warm water.
- The virus is surprisingly fragile when correctly attacked.
Protecting Yourself From The Virus
With the information that has been gathered about the coronavirus, there are a few different precautions that you can take in order to protect yourself and keep yourself healthy. Practice social distancing as recommended. Maintain good hygiene practices; ensure that you frequently and thoroughly wash your hands with warm water. Make sure that you lather vigorously for at least 20 seconds.
Meridian Dental Associates is Here to Help
Though the world is in a bit of an erratic state at the moment, we want to ensure that we continue to be here to help our patients. Using the information that we know about coronavirus as well as closely following guidelines set by the ADA (American Dental Association), CDC (The Center for Disease Control and Prevention and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), we have created a COVID-19 action plan:
- Our doors are open for appointments, but we are not accepting walk-ins.
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive a questionnaire regarding your exposure to COVID 19 and an Update for your Medical History via email.
- We ask that when you arrive for your appointment you call us to check-in and remain in your automobile. This will allow us to practice social distancing and keep you safe in your car while we get your operatory room ready for you.
- Once your room is ready, we will come to your automobile and check your temperature with a non-contact thermometer. It is at this time that you will be given a level 3 disposable mask. We will ask that you wear this mask during the entirety of your appointment in order to protect both yourself and our team. You are more than welcome to keep the mask when you leave.
- We will then escort you to our sink and ask that you wash your hands vigorously for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water.
- As you are seated, we will then ask you to rinse with Listerine for a minimum of one minute. Then we will ask you to rinse with a hydrogen peroxide solution for one minute.
- Hand sanitizer is stationed all throughout the office.
- Once your procedure is complete, you will be escorted out of the office.
- All operatory rooms are completely and thoroughly sanitized after each use. Protective barriers are placed to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Instruments are disinfected and sanitized in an autoclave machine between each use.
- Countertops, door handles, pens, iPads, phones, keyboards, etc. are all sanitized throughout the day.
- Each operatory, as well as the common areas within the office, are equipped with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters to ensure the purest air quality possible.
Here at Meridian Dental Associates, we are truly taking every possible step to ensure that your visit to our office is safe. As we learn more about the coronavirus, we add more guidelines and steps to our action plan. We are completely dedicated to providing you with the highest level of dental care possible, and we refuse to let the COVID-19 crisis stand in between you and a healthy mouth.
For more information about our coronavirus action plan or to schedule an appointment with us, give us a call. (408) 266-6144.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.